[Sportsandrec] Question about Professional track

TNABA tnaba at bellsouth.net
Thu Aug 9 21:40:31 UTC 2012

I thought I would ask all f those on here that are set in there professional
careers a question I have been debating for a while now.

I am the Volunteer Executive Director of the TN Association of Blind
Athletes and I am also returning back to school to further my education for
the first time since high school.

TNABA is very important to me and I have dedicated my life to it. In the
future we are planning to make the Ex Director's position a paid position
along with a few others. I want to put myself in a position to have the best
education to not only manage the organization but to guide its operations
and my staff in a direction that will be assured to help blind and visually
impaired individuals  to live healthy and actives lives, just as we have all
been talking about.

I know for sure I am going to get an Associates dagree in buisness
management and another in nonporfit management through the center for
nonprofit management. I am not however sure as to what my Mayjor should be,
I have debated several options such as Exercise Science, or a physical
Education, or even just  Sports management. I want to be able to have more
knowledge than I have about fitness and of nutrition. Can you guys please
give me some ideas.

Ricky
Tennessee Association of Blind Athletes
1081 Zophi Street, Nashville TN 37216