[Sportsandrec] Short Survey on PE and B/VI

kosherpenguinkp at aim.com kosherpenguinkp at aim.com
Sun Feb 26 03:43:01 UTC 2012

I am a graduate student atDominican College studying to become a TVI. I am conducting a research projectfor one of my classes.
My research question is: What changes can be proposed to the currentsports program at a day camp for individuals who are blind or visually impairedto increase involvement/participation in sports and field game activities?
My hypothesis is: Training staff members in methods for modifying sportsfor students, who are blind or visually impaired, will increase student participation.

I would appreciate it if you couldtake a few moments and answer the survey below. Thank you for your help.

To respond to this survey, please copyand paste the contents to an email to me, sarahfine at aol.com.  For each statement, highlight the numberof your choice and click underline.
1 - Strongly Disagree     2 – Disagree     3 – Neutral     4 – Agree      5 – Strongly Agree
1.    Ingeneral, teachers of physical education are properly trained to teach studentswho are B/VI.
            1                      2                      3                      4                      5

2.    Teachingeducators how to modify physical education for B/VI individuals is not awaste of time.
            1                      2                      3                      4                      5

3.    Whena sport is modified it is no longer the same sport.
            1                      2                      3                      4                      5

4.    Studentswho are B/VI cannot actively participate in general physical education classes.
            1                      2                      3                      4                      5

5.    Teachersfear that B/VI students will always get hurt if they do any type of physicaleducation activity.
            1                      2                      3                      4                      5

6.    Makingmodifications to sports/athletic activities for B/VI children is too difficultand time-consuming.
            1                      2                      3                      4                      5

7.     If you know of any programs that offer stafftraining in how to teach physical education to students who are B/VI pleaselist below.

8.    Doesone sport/activity come to mind that would be the least difficult tomodify?  If so, what is it?

9.    Pleaseinclude any comments you may have on this survey and the overall topic:

For statically purposes pleaseinclude the following information;
Name (Optional):
Email (Optional):
Profession:
Years of experience with B/VI:
May I contact you for further information?  Yes/No
Thank you for taking the time tofill this out I appreciate your input.