[Sportsandrec] One Touch Self Defense

TNABA tnaba at bellsouth.net
Mon Jul 9 02:22:15 UTC 2012

Okay everyone as promised, I am going to provide a link to the website for
the 1Touch program. It was started in England by Stephen Nicoles. It is a
self defense class or series of classes designed to teach a blind person how
to defend themselves by keeping contact with their attacker at all times.
This allows the blind person to know where their attacker is at all time.
This could also be be benefitial for sighted people as well.

The TNABA offered this demo at our Adaptive Sports Conference last fall and
hope to offer it again this October. We were going to host a certification
training here in Nashville Tn later this month but we were unable to gain
enough interest to have it, so we are trying again for the Fall to host the
training.

During the certification training attendiees will receive training and
materials, as well as, a descriptive DVD and of course Certification to
teach the classes. This would allow you to take this program back to your
city and share it. Also there would be opportunities to travel the country
and present the program and make some money at the same time. The training
will cost $350 for the one here in Tennessee which covers your lodging,
food, and training. If you want to sign up to attend the training then I can
put you on a list and email you when we get enough folks with a specific
date.

I hope this link answers questions for you and if you need more info please
feel free to contact me off the list serve at tnaba at bellsouth.net

The link is    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18442581

Their website is down for maintance but it is www.1touchproject.org  there
was also some youtube videos i found as well.

Hope this helps and feel free to contact me.
Ricky Jones
TNABA Executive Director
Tennessee Association of Blind Athletes
Check us out on facebook at www.facebook.com/tnaba.nashville