[Sportsandrec] clueless coaches

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 10 20:36:52 UTC 2012

Jody,
also, a barrier to student advocacy is the student does not know what they
can do; what adaptations might need to be made to enable them to perform the
job. I think advocacy should be that of the teachers and parents for
children. They need another person such as another student or aide to show
them hand over hand what to do as the class does it since they cannot see.
For games adaptations need to be made. Some stuff just needs verbal or
tactile instruction though. For instance, dance, gymnastics, and a lot of
running takes place in PE. They just need to be taught what to do in those
activities.

Ashley