[Sportsandrec] FREE Adaptive Sports Conference

TNABA tnaba at bellsouth.net
Mon Jul 16 14:57:50 UTC 2012

WWW.tnaba.org

July 15,2012

Dear Friends,

The Tennessee Association of Blind Athletes is proud to announce that
registration is now open for our 2012 Adaptive Sports Conference on October
6th. This unique hands on conference is going to be one of the best
conferences you have ever attended. It is not only designed to give the
blind and visually impaired the tools and resources they need to live an
active life, but, their sighted peers of all ages, the opportunity to
experience adaptive and Paralympics sports for the blind. We hope to bring
together people from around the state to share in a day full of exciting
sports and recreational activities like; Goalball, Archery, Track and Field,
Beeper Kick Ball, adaptive recreation, health and fitness, and many more
exciting sessions. We are bringing back this year our round table discussion
groups and of course we will have world class Paralympics athletes and maybe
a few professional ones as well sharing with you their trials and triumphs.

          The greatest thing about this conference is that registration
between now and September 15th is FREE. After that it is just $15 per
person. Coming from out of town, we have arrangements for your stay on site
at the TN school for the blind. Registration and much more can be found on
our website at http://www.tnaba.org/events/adaptive-sports-conference. This
event is still being planned, so check back often to new additions and
announcements. You can get these announcements on our facebook page at
www.facebook.com/tnaba.nashville or if you go ahead and sign up for the
conference you will automatically get updates sent to your email directly.
We hope all of you will join us for a day full of fun and exciting
activities. This conference is great for Physical Education teachers,
community organizers, and family members of those who have a visual
disability, coaches, PT & OT professionals, and those who are visually
impaired. Come see why we say this will be the most fun you have ever had at
a conference. Find attached a flyer about the conference that you can share
with your colleges and friends. We will see you all on the 6th of October
for the most fun you have ever had.

Sincerely,

Ricky Jones

Executive Director