[Sportsandrec] Ideas for Picnic Games & Fun?

Everett Gavel everett at everettgavel.com
Tue Jul 24 05:54:55 UTC 2012

Hi All,

Okay, so we're having a chapter picnic. Sometime during the 3-hour event,
I've got 15-20 minutes to make our attendees glad they came. I'm in charge
of the games programming. I've got a few ideas in mind, but I love
brainstorming this stuff and hearing other ideas and possibilities as well.
Anyone care to share their ideas? What worked well for you, with a probable
mix of varying physical limitations such as elderly, wheelchair, lack of
solid blindness training skills, etc. Anyone care to share what they have
done or have wanted to do? We will be in an outdoor pavilion, lots of grass,
many shade trees and picnic benches also strewn throughout the park. I'm
told there's a horseshoe pit there, too, but we'd need to bring the
horseshoes. I'm interested in physical and/or mental games. Anything from
quizzes to Tug of War or a 3-legged race. Hmm, I wonder, if we have at least
2 people in wheelchairs, maybe we could try having a 3-wheeled team? Okay
okay, just thinking out loud. ;-)

Thanks for any ideas you care to share!

Strive On,
Everett