[Sportsandrec] Learning About... Yoga?

Ivonne Mosquera ivonnem99 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 16 18:24:03 UTC 2012

All,

I myself started out with a private instructor back in 2003, which worked out incredibly well.  I was able to learn the poses, memorize most of the names for each pose, and really focus on what the propper alignment should feel like so that I was prepared when I went to a yoga class.  Typically, you won't get that much attention in classes b/c they tend to have quite a few students, and only 1 teacher/instructor.

That being said, there is also a great website called Yoga Journal, www.yogajournal.com, which offers tons of information about the practice of yoga.  They have a poses section which allows you to look up just about any pose, and also gives you its description, benefits, etc.

I live in the Philadelphia area, and would be willing to get a group together, or work one-on-one with people on an indtroductory yoga class.  If you are interested, please feel free to reach out to me.

Cheers,
Ivonne
www.iminmotion.net
www.practicalandcreative.com