[Sportsandrec] kayaking

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Sat Mar 17 15:15:14 UTC 2012

Hey again!

We've decided to go kayaking on our Alaska vacation.  I've just about
researched all the available companies to the point of exhaustion.  I've
settled on:
http://www.seasideadventure.com/homepage.html

They have a flawless safety record and use two person kayaks.  Since I
have no experience with kayaking and will probably never go again, I
think the double seat model will be the most enjoyable/lowest learning
curve for me.  I also won't need to figure out how to steer, or at least
I'm thinking that is how it will work.

Now my question is, would you tell the guide you are blind in advance?
Personally I rarely do this, but I don't want to get all the way there
and have a fuss which will be very unpleasant on a once in a lifetime
vacation.

Thoughts?
Julie