[Sportsandrec] compiling a list...

TNABA tnaba at bellsouth.net
Sat May 12 23:51:18 UTC 2012

Hello

In Tennessee we have the Tennessee Association of Blind athletes. We are the
local State chapter of the USABA and we currently offer programs such as;
Bowling, Goalball, Tandem Cycling, adaptive game night, and Achilles
Nashville. Tennessee also has a local Blind Golf Association in which TNABA
encourages everyone to tryout. We are adding new programs for introductory
and ongoing opportunities. We hold an annual Adaptive Sports conference and
goalball training camp.  We are growing all the time. We offer consulting
with P.E. Teachers and community recreation agencies to come up with ideals
for incorperating blind athletes in their programs. TNABA has also been
recognized as a U.S. Paralympic Sports Club.  This gives us a unique way to
work with other groups in our area that work with other disability groups to
promote recreation and competition.

Please let me know if we can be of more help.

Ricky Jones
TNABA Executive Director
Tennessee Association of Blind Athletes
1081 Zophi Street, Nashville TN 37216