[Sportsandrec] Working with New Fitness Center

Bill Kociaba williamkociaba at comcast.net
Sun Sep 2 19:50:13 UTC 2012

Rock climbing is an awesome form of exercise in that it will stimulate your
entire body.  You are using virtually every muscle in a coordinated
movement.  Because you are using your whole body it will also have a cardio
effect.  Big movments like rock climbing will build more strength and
overall fittness than lots of time on the various weight machines that are
designed to isolate each muscle sepratly.  regarding adapting the new center
I would say just go in at quiet times and learn your way around.  Its very
nice of them to offer to move a bike for you but realisticly it will just
make you "stick out".  The controls on most pieces of cardio are pretty
simple to learn.  You could create templets as Lori suggested or simply ask
one of the staff to teach you the various control pannels.  And commit the
quick start, up, down and stop bottons to memorey.  Since they are open to
making it work for you I have no doubt they will be willing to do this.