[Sportsandrec] Beep Baseball?

Everett Gavel everett at everettgavel.com
Tue Aug 13 17:28:29 UTC 2013

So I'm curious... what do you all think of Beep
Baseball? I'm not talking about the sad-sounding
sort of 'beepball' I've heard too many stories of
with camps for the blind, where they apparently
let you or make you run with a sighted guide or
some such thing, to the base. I'm interested more
in hearing from anyone familliar with the National
Beep Baseball Association (www.nbba.org) and who
may have played that version, or may have 1 of the
20 or so teams in their region, across the
country?

The World Series of Beep Baseball was held a
couple of weeks ago, in Georgia, and had teams
from across the country, as well as multiple
nations around the globe, competing for the title.
Unfortunately (says me personally), Taiwan won it
again this year. Although in a way it's pretty
cool, because to me that makes it a true
International sport/game. Congratulations to the
team from Taiwan, but still, I can't help wishing
a team from my own country would've won it,
y'know? Well, there's always next year. ;-)

Here in Colorado we have the Colorado Storm, up in
Denver. They came down to our NFB chapter picnic
last week here in the Springs, and it was fun.
Maybe there'll be a team here in Colorado Springs
some day soon. Not quite sure yet, though a
handful of people did show serious interest.

So anyway, who here is familiar with Beep
Baseball, and who has a team in their area?

Play Ball!
Everett