[Sportsandrec] introduction and suggesting on relearning riding atricycle as a blind adult

Jessica Kostiw jessicac.kostiw at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 19:22:04 UTC 2013

Hello Nate,
My name is Jessica. I am 29 years old, and live in Fredericksburg Virginia. It sounds like you have a very full life there. Forgive me, but I am fascinated by how fell over blind people do what they do in the locations that they live. I have a sighted friend who also lives in Alaska. I know it's freezing up there the majority of the year. I would love to hear how you get around independently as a blind person, particularly without turning into an icicle or penguins. Are there buses in Anchorage? Do you have to wait outside for them? How often do they even come? Do you have to just rely on drivers? I believe there is a center up there in Alaska, but I wouldn't guess that would be too many blind people. And my correct?

Jessica Reed

Sent from my iPhone