[Sportsandrec] Blind skateboarder

Roger Acuna kearney125 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 04:54:55 UTC 2013

I am assuming that this guy is completely blind.  And, so its like he says
in the video, its what you feel through your feet and wheels while you
skate.  I was also a avid skate boarder as a kid, and we put a boombox at
the edge of the skate ramp to know where to hit the ramp.  It also has to do
with spacial perception and skating where you get to know the layout of the
skate surface.  Its lots of fun.  On rare ocations, I skate around with my
young son but  definitely not able to do skate tricks like before. Actually,
a few months ago I tried riding a ripstick and ate it and jacked up my rist
and I am still hurting from it.  A ripstick is a type of skate board with
one wheel in the back and one int front. I guess it's the unicycle of
skateboards.