[Sportsandrec] what to take with you when camping

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 15 21:59:44 UTC 2013

Timothy,
What size are these radios? What does a ham radio do that others do not?
Also do ham and shortwave radios  have buttons or a tuner knob to tune the
radio frequency?
I feel that a knob is easier to use than buttons. With buttons, it goes by
one frequency at a time and I cannot see what frequency its on and its
static for two or three stations til I hear the next one. With a tuner knob,
you jump from frequency to frequency, no or little static in between.

Ashley