[Sportsandrec] Accessible workout and nutritional apps (was: Miami speaker request)

Bill Kociaba williamkociaba at comcast.net
Sat Feb 16 00:28:43 UTC 2013

Hi again,
Actually there are two that I have found of value one is from TRX and is
really not going to be of use to anyone who isn't using one.  Its semi
accessable at best.  Lots of little video clips explaining the movements but
the descriptions are weak.
The other ap I came across and I use a lot is simply called kettlebell swing
timer.  It can be used for any kind of intervul training program.  It has
preset intervuls
ranging from 15 seconds to 60 seconds and you can adjust them so that you
work for longer or shorter than you rest. at the beginning of a work set it
gives you a three beep count down then a single beep at the end indicating
the rest period.  You can set it up to do as many sets as you want andit is
great to keep control of the tempo of your workout.
Bill