[Sportsandrec] Treadmill running form

Lori Lori at asmodean.net
Wed Jan 16 13:55:21 UTC 2013

Justin,

I have tried and found a couple of techniques to work of course it is all
dependent on the design of each machine.

If I hold on to the guard rail, I do not keep my hand static. I slide it as
if I were pumping my arms while running on the ground. Same thing if the
treadmill has a bar or hand grips in front of you. I pump my arms and touch
the hand holds with every stride or ever other stride, but again, this
encourages proper form and eliminates bad habbits. I have also used a
string, but I prefer just to try and touch the machine so I am not clinching
on to something.

You might also see if the treadmill that you are using has a fan as some of
them do and the fan blows right in your face giving you another landmark.

Lori