[Sportsandrec] Treadmill Recommendations

Kelly Thornbury kthornbury at bresnan.net
Sun Jul 14 18:24:50 UTC 2013

Joe, I have a NordicTrack treadmill that I find particularly accessible. There are speed and incline presets on either side of the display, in one mile-per-hour and 1° increments. I like this because, regardless of what I do with the fine adjustments (0.1 mph and 0.5° incline), I can go back to a known speed or incline with just a push of one button. Also, the fine adjustments, the on/off buttons, and fan controls are in "piano key "style buttons, which makes them very easy to distinguish and use. It was a lower model (all of the upper and models now having touchscreens which were not accessible), and I think I paid about a grand for it. It has survived about four years of pretty regular use, and I purchased an optional maintenance agreement through the seller. In that time it has only needed an occasional belt adjustment. I purchased mine through Sears, but you may find something similar at any Nordic track distributor.

Sent from my iPhone