[Sportsandrec] Gun shooting

Kelly Thornbury kthornbury at bresnan.net
Thu May 30 18:16:17 UTC 2013

Hi Garrett,

I really enjoy shooting archery, and I think some of the same techniques used in blind archery would work for target shooting with successful results. These techniques would probably not work for moving targets however, if that is your interest.

One method a blind friend of mine uses for hunting elk is to have a pistol sight mounted to his rifle so his brother can sight in the shot while standing behind the shooter. The shooter is still responsible for proper technique and for calculating windage and elevation corrections. Depending on what you shoot, this may be an option.

For archery I use a tactile stand that, once adjusted properly, allows me to position the bow at the same elevation and angle every [well, most] of the time. If you would like more details on the design of tactile stand I use, feel free to contact me off list. I can send descriptions and pictures if you have someone to take a look at them. The descriptions can be long and possibly confusing, but a picture for someone "crafty" can quickly get the wheels turning.

Kelly
kthornbury at bresnan.net