[Sportsandrec] Kayaking

Fred's Win7 Catastrophe regenerative at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 26 15:14:40 UTC 2014

This will be so fun!
I've kayaked in several different kinds of kayaks, tandems and
singles.  The Beach Cities Chapter has taken about a dozen  of us
blind folks out in our coastal lagoons, with fairly flat water, a few
times.  You'll be fine.  Kayaks sit lower in the water than canoes,
so are much more stable.  The kayak outfitter will have both tandems
and singles.  Tandems are a fun way to get to know people, and it's
much easier to talk.  If your tandem partner is a novice, it'll take
time to figure out how to maintain a straight line in the
water.  Singles are less effort, since you are the captain of your
own ship.

Fred, near San Diego