[Sportsandrec] Martial Arts and Sports

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 24 02:36:00 UTC 2014

Saadiq,

glad you joined the list; yeah, this  is one of the quiet ones. I think its
less subscribers and just low traffic as people are busy in their lives.
I'm not really doing a sport, I simply like recreation. but, I'm here as I
always have interest in how people adapt sports and rec.

I've contemplated the martial arts; and actually tried aikido several months
when I found out my blind friend was taking lessons  and it was  a class for
the vision impaired population; she was the only one in the class and it was
neat to join her.

Can you tell us more about BJJ? How often are classes? is everyone sighted
you work with? How long did you do it
Are you the beginning rank? That is a good martial art I've heard.

I was also wondering if that involves kicks and punches. if so, how do you
take the defensive stance without seeing the move coming?
In judo I know everything is contact; meaning your opponent does something
to you by touching you, so you know what is happening. Makes it more blind
friendly.
Curious about BJJ as I've thought of trying it.

Ashley