[Sportsandrec] swimming

Kelsey Nicolay piano.girl0299 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 20:03:09 UTC 2015

Hello,
There is an adult swim club-team (not sure what they call it
exactly) at my local rec center and I am considering joining.  I
know freestyle and can swim a pool length which is the basic
requirement, but I do not know much else since my only experience
was swimming lessons when I was very young and college water
aerobics.  Therefore, I have very little experience with swimming
in this type of setting.  Therefore, would it be a good idea for
me to join the group since they do welcome swimmers of all
levels? Also, how can the coaches help me learn the correct
technique for each stroke without singling me out from the rest
of the group? Also, how will I know if I am staying in my lane
and can something be adapted for this? Since I am totally blind,
can I be exempt from the flip turn since doing one would be very
dangerous since I cannot see where I am going and there is the
possibility of getting injured near the wall?
I look forward to hearing any advice or experience.
Thank you,
Kelsey Nicolay