[Sportsandrec] swimming

TNABA tnaba at bellsouth.net
Sun Jun 14 22:12:10 UTC 2015

I believe joe is correct on the flip turn. However, if you wish to learn the
flip turn or use it, a tennis ball on the tip of a buoy pole can be used to
tap you on the back just between the shoulder blades to indicate in a safe
distance to begin your flip. I have heard of tandem swimming with rope on
both swimmers wastes, but that would mean you would have to be pared with a
swimmer of your same speed and form. Perhaps having your instructor meet
with you before the group sessions to do a little hands on of position and
body movement. Also explaining that you need more descriptive instruction
during group session, but not to treat you differently, seems like a fair
conversation to have. Lastly, if you really get into the sport, I know for a
fact that the Paralympic swimming team is aggressively recruiting female
swimmers. I wish you all the best no matter the level you desire.

Ricky