[Sportsandrec] running and jogging

Rachel Kuntz rachelrkuntz at gmail.com
Fri May 1 17:26:12 UTC 2015

Thanks for the great suggestions and people to look up. This makes me think I need to set my goals higher.

I trained and participated in a half marathon called the "Flying Pig" in Cincinnati a couple of years ago. It was the starting point to my running history. I completed it but I wouldn't call it a success. My sighted partner became overwhelmed and highly stressed by the size of the crowd. I did my best to reassure her that I was truly having a great time but it was too late for her physically. We ended up speed walking most of it. I would love to try again (with a different partner) maybe even run a marathon once. Don't think I would do the Flying Pig Marathon because it is a brutal hilly course. Interestingly, the year I participated the first woman to cross the finish line in this marathon was visually impaired who ran with no one. The flying pig is so crowded that she was able to follow the backs of a couple of other runners to the finish line.

Rachel Kuntz