[Sportsandrec] Want to ride tandem?

Ron Burzese rrburzese at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 18:10:21 UTC 2015

Hi,

If you’ve been considering tandem cycling, now is a good time to get started at ground zero. Depending on where you live, the cold weather may be limiting your chances to ride, or desire to do so.

Still, it is a good time to start, with an exercise bike, or shorter rides, as the cycling community slows down, for the holiday season. When it picks back up, in the new year, or Spring, you will be in comparable shape to blend right in.

In northern California, it gets cold, but I can ride all year. I rode for four hours yesterday, with my local club, for a 64-mile lunch ride. We were on a travel tandem that packs into two suitcases. When I fly to visit family, I bring one with me.

With my iPhone, I use an app that tracks my distance, speed, elevation, temperature, and estimates calories that I burned, no matter whose bike I’m on. I’m a self-contained blind man!

Tomorrow, I’ll ride with a visiting friend, from Minneapolis, where I once lived. We’ll ride out for lunch, again, 30-something miles away. It will give us plenty of time to catch up the past 12 years.

I am holding back on the details, because I know this is a general list. If you’d like to talk more about tandems and cycling, as a blind person, there is a list dedicated to just that. We need more progressive blind participants, with NFB philosophy.

To join the list, click on the below link.

If I get more interest on this list, then I’ll go deeper, here.

Blessings,

Ron Burzese, NOMC
Sacramento, CA

blind_cycling-subscribe at yahoogroups.com