[Sportsandrec] Question about triathlons

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 00:35:24 UTC 2016

Hello,

I'm new to the list. I'm training for a triathlon, and I've never done it as
a blind person. My partner and I have a device that's two poles with handles
at the end. She's in front, and I'm in the back. It seems to work well.

However, for the swim, I'm not sure what's the best way to be tethered. I
actually an concerned that once we tether, my swim skills will lessen. Swim
is my strength, but we have yet to try it connected. It will also be an open
swim the day of the race, so for me, being connected somehow may be best
since I could lose my orientation.

Any advice and suggestions? How have others done open swims with a partner?

Thanks.

Bridgit