[Sportsandrec] sound devices

Nella Foster jellybeanfarm at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 16:41:45 UTC 2017

Julie I thought of wind chimes and might use them along with something else.
We don't always have wind, but if they are light it wouldn't take much to
move them.

I wonder if Cruiser the horse has a music preference. Lol

I've ridden horses that stay a good distance from the fence and others that
drift away and some don't mind raking your leg off on it.  I've never been
on one that tried to jump a high fence and hope that never happens. Lol

I have ridden with a dressage whip in my hand and flicked it out to the
side.  When I couldn't touch the fence I knew we were getting to far away.
This has worked well in the past, but Cruiser is very fearful of whips and
got very nervous when I tried it with him.  I guess this is some baggage
from his past.  Once we were riding with a group and the girl behind me
smacked her horse with a whip for some reason and Cruiser took off with me.
He calmed down quickly, but it was a surprise for everyone on the ride.

I think if I can keep him the right distance from the fence enough times he
will start doing it on his own.

Once we get that mastered I want to work on diagonal crossing and such.  We
have had a lot more experience on the trail than in an arena.  It will be a
learning experience for both of us.