[Sportsandrec] Slow twitch muscle fibers

peter acosta peteracosta54 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 22:09:29 UTC 2017

My first experience with slow twitch muscle fibers was while squatting at the Golds gym.
I was on my third set of repetitions of 12 and was squatting double my bodyweight.
On my last rep I definitely hit depth… Definitely below parallel.
In competition the crease of the hip joint must be below the knee joint to be a valid lift.
Failure to do this will cause red lights from the judges
My legs went completely numb.
I felt nothing.
It was not pain, just numbness.
I had heard of the feeling when the slow twitch fibers engage.
This was it.
Since I felt nothing… All I could think was up, up, up I need to get that weight back up.
As I was thinking this through as the seconds were ticking away slowly the weight came back up.
I racked the weight took off my belt and thanked God that I knew what was happening because I had prepared for it.
Has anyone on the list had a similar experience?