[Sportsandrec] Blind Sailing Classification

Kris Scheppe kris at scheppe.us
Mon Mar 6 14:49:35 UTC 2017

Gaston,

In sailing we use the B1, B2, and B3 classifications. We have two types
of racing fleet and match. In fleet racing we have different races for
different classifications. In match racing all classification sail
together. Each boat has a crew of 3 and can have 6 points per boat where
B1 = 1 point, B2 = 2 points and B3 = 3 points.

In fleet racing it is a crew of four. Two blind and two sighted. Match
racing is a crew of 3 blind and we sail around the course by listening
to acoustic buoys that make different sounds.

Thanks,
Kris