[Sportsandrec] BALL GAMES QUESTION

Ricky Lomey rickyl at iafrica.com
Tue May 23 22:10:27 UTC 2017

Hi

Is there any record of what the first instance was of an audible ball and
audible ball game being used anywhere before goalball in 1947, in your case
it would obviously be  in the U.S., I once read that goalball is based on a
game called rollball but a Google search only resulted in a game for able
bodied rollball on roller skates so no idea, seems Japan already had some
type of baseball for the blind in the 1930s though very different from beep
baseball and the audible table tennis we've discussed here seems to have
originated in Japan around 1933.

Ricky Lomey