[Sportsandrec] ice skating

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 25 21:45:43 UTC 2017

Hi all,

Who likes ice skating? What adaptive techniques did you use?
I have had a sighted guide skate beside me. Its not the easiest to maintain balance on those ice blades so sometimes I’ve skated by the wall if indoors or the border of the rink if outdoors. There is  a huge outdoor rink in DC I’d someday might try.

Would love to hear any thoughts and if you had lessons in skating. I’ve never had them. If you had lessons, was it adaptive lessons in a group or privately? How did they teach you something that is so dynamic and something which you cannot exactly feel how to do it?

Thanks.
Ashley