[Sportsandrec] snow fun and snow tubing

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 25 21:41:43 UTC 2017

Hi All,

The list is quiet and since winter is coming, I was wondering about snow recreation.
I know about adaptive skiing although have not done it.
There are lots of other snow associated activities.
Anyone ridden a snow mobile?

What is your experience with other types of snow activities? How do you go snow tubing? I’d actually like to do that!
My balance is not the greatest and snow tubing is an activity which you can sit down and glide down the hill.

I know that there is one person for each snow tube  so a sighted guide cannot be in one with me. I was thinking they might be ahead of me and I can follow them by hearing and residual vision.

My snow activities are mostly just snow sledding. That is fun. Since the hill is clear where I go down. I just have someone point me in the right direction and slide down on the sled. So, not really much adaptation needed.

Thanks for any ideas.

Ashley