[Sportsandrec] Horse Back Riding

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Mon Mar 4 20:50:41 UTC 2019

Hello again everyone,

	There are a number of totally blind individuals involved in horse
back riding. Dianne Staren once taught at a thereputic riding school. She
developed alternative techniques to enable her to ride independently as a
blind person and to teach others how to do the same. If we're the
federationists we say we are we can't allow fear to rule our lives. Now get
upon your high horse and learn to ride! This is exactly why this division
needs to create opportunities to allow blind persons to experience sporting
and recreational opportunities such as horse back riding so they can know
that horsing around is very doable independently by the blind. Organizing a
horse gback riding camp or a golf outing would provide blind persons with
such opportunities.

Peter Donahue