[SportsandRec] Introduction

Caitlin Best bestca21 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 19:51:53 UTC 2019

Ashley,
Thanks a lot for all the info. I actually follow the National Beep
Baseball Association on Facebook. Unfortunately, in Northeastern
Pennsylvania, we don't have a beep ball team. I believe the closest to
me would be either Philly or New York City, which by bus would be
about 3 to 4 hours away. A family member and I will begin a
walking/running routine tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to that. My
area doesn't have a lot in the way of  good public
transit/paratransit, and Uber and Lyft tend to cost a lot in my area
since it's so spread out. I'll look into purchasing a beep baseball
though. I could always end up playing by myself if need be. I should
also mention, ice hockey is so fun, but blind ice hockey teams are
again pretty far away from me in NYC. I could get back into ice
skating/rollerblading which I haven't considered until right now. I
did find a site to adapt a volleyball and found out that many schools
for the blind in Japan offer blind volleyball. I need to find out more
about that to see how accurate the site was since I have a few
Japanese friends who are blind and attended schools for the blind.
I'll look into getting a tether as well. Unfortunately, stand-alone
bikes aren't very friendly to me and i end up getting motion sick,
which I wonder if I'm the only one who has that problem?
Again, I appreciate all your advice.
Cheers,
Caitlin