[SportsandRec] Introduction

bonnoday at gmail.com bonnoday at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 20:30:11 UTC 2019

Hi everyone. I am a participant in Ski for Light, which is an organization that pairs a vision impaired and and a sighted person to go cross country skiing. We meet every year for a week in a different location and enjoy some time on the snow. Pairs ski in parallel tracks, with the guide teaching and giving directions while skiing next to the blind or VI person. The website for Ski for Light is www.sfl.org.
This year, we are skiing in Casper Wyoming in mid-February, which I know is a fair distance from you. I believe you live in Pennsylvania. SFL has regional groups that host both winter and summer activities and there is a group in Northeast Pennsylvania.  You can find it here: https://www.sfl.org/events/regionals/#NPRSFL

Also, a group of us developed some exercise materials to help people prepare for skiing. Of course, they are general and can be used for any type of fitness and conditioning. They include tips for the beginner as well as more advanced exercises. You can find them here:  https://www.sfl.org/new/resources/

I hope this information is helpful to you.

Bonnie O'Day