[stylist] Request for advice, at the risk of asking a foolish question ...

Donna Hill penatwork at epix.net
Sun Dec 21 22:09:38 UTC 2008

I have Google alerts set for "blindness," as part of what I'm doing for
the Performing Arts Division.  It picks up articles about all kinds of
blindness related subjects, and it has a blog section.  As an
experiment, I tried posting something to a Yahoo blog page which I set
up a couple years back and rarely use.  I put the word "Blind" in the
title and sprinkled the document with other phrases related to it.  It
never showed up on the Google alerts, so I'm not sure what other
criteria the search engines use.  Out of curiosity I googled "blindness"
and "blind."  Although the NFB does show up near the bottom of the first
page of "Blindness" and the AFB, NFB and ACB (in that order) all show up
on the first page for "Blind,"  the prominent listings for Blindness are
for the Saramago book and movie and under "blind," several entries for
blind skate boards (whatever that is) come ahead of the three
organizations.  Interesting.  The good news is that this changes.
Donna

--
For my bio & to hear clips from The Last Straw:
http://cdbaby.com/cd/donnahill

Apple I-Tunes

phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=259244374

Performing Arts Division of the National Federation of the Blind
www.padnfb.org