[stylist] A New Member

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Sun Dec 28 04:45:28 UTC 2008

The notion of having a "blind college" seems to be a mixed bag at
best, to me.  It smacks of segregation, the blind ghetto, and doesn't
seem like progress to me.  We have to live in a sighted world, so
that sort of segregation is only putting off the inevitable.

I understand, for whatever it is worth, that the deaf marry within
their own community more then any other disability group.  I presume
it is a communication thing.  While deaf persons "appear" to be more
"normal" than blind persons, the communication thing is a huge barrier.

Dave