[stylist] Blind and segragation

Donna Hill penatwork at epix.net
Mon Dec 29 22:26:52 UTC 2008

Hi Angela,
Not sure what kind of article you want or how lengthy.  Let me know.
BTW, I read your ADA paper earlier this afternoon.  It was very
interesting and had some things I hadn't thought of -- like the idea
that as the school makes accessible documents for you, they are missing
the opportunity to teach you to do it for yourself.  I wonder whether,
in your research, you came across any resources defining the difference
in cost for making reasonable accommodations for blind people vs.  other
minorities.  I thought the section about the difficulty in proving
discrimination in light of our law-suit-crazed society was excellent.

Can you send me your credentials?  I gather you did this paper for a
class at Uba College, so you might not have a degree yet.  But, if you
have held any offices in the NFB or other organizations, we could use
that information.  Also, the purpose and motivation for your web site.

I still think it will be mid January till I can really work on it.
Donna

--
For my bio & to hear clips from The Last Straw:
http://cdbaby.com/cd/donnahill

Apple I-Tunes

phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=259244374

Performing Arts Division of the National Federation of the Blind
www.padnfb.org