[stylist] Poetry

John Lee Clark johnlee at clarktouch.com
Mon Dec 29 22:34:26 UTC 2008

Richard:

A tour for blind poets?  Tell me more about your idea.

I am working on setting up a series of readings and panel discussions later
this spring for deaf poets.  This is to promote Deaf American Poetry, the
anthology I assembled.  Although it covers one hundred eighty years of
poetry, some of the living deaf poets are clustered locally in four places,
so I'm just working on events in those areas and have the deaf poets there
participate.

Curious, is there any definitive anthology of blind poetry?  I know of only
one anthology, but it was published more than a century ago.

Also, is there a library somewhere with a collection of blind material?  If
so, I would love to check out their catalog and read some of the poetry
books by blind poets.

What are some of the most recent poetry titles by blind poets?

Anyway, I'm most interested in learning more about your work and what you'd
like to do with the tour.  Perhaps an anthology of contemporary blind poetry
would be good to do, and have the tour help- sell it, as well as the audio
tracks.

John