[stylist] forming communities

LoriStay at aol.com LoriStay at aol.com
Tue Dec 30 17:28:10 UTC 2008

What's that old saying?   Birds of a feather?
People with religion, race, culture, etc. do often find homes within each
other's neighborhood.   Then they establish communities.   so your next door
neighbor may be a relative stranger, but the person two houses over is part of
your community.
No matter what we think would be ideal, this is what we do.   I see nothing
wrong with establishing communities, whether based on religion, or
communication, or anything else.   What would be wrong would be to persecute others who
live nearby because they are not the same as we are.
That said, blind people do not find the need to live near each other, but
communities form nevertheless.   Who are your friends?   Who understands you?
Maybe your bonds are strengthened through email, or telephone calls.   They are
still in existence.
Lori