[stylist] Blind and segregation

Angela fowler fowlers at syix.com
Wed Dec 31 00:06:50 UTC 2008

Donna,
Legislation is only part of the solution. A piece of legislation without the
backing of heart and determination is a worthless thing. The civil rights
act didn't make one less racist. The ADA didn't make one less person
closed-minded to the capabilities of blind people. We can legislate if we
will, but real change must take place at the grass-roots level. In short, it
is more important that parents all across this country stand up for their
children's right to literacy!