[stylist] donna hill just joined us

Angela fowler fowlers at syix.com
Tue Nov 4 01:05:21 UTC 2008

In an accessible web site, the labels are below the edit boxes, combo boxes,
and other controls. This way the screen reader knows what label corresponds
with which, for example, edit box. On the Oprah web site the labels were
above the edit boxes, so that if you went according to the labels you were
putting information one edit box below where it was supposed to go. I had to
constantly flip in and out of forms mode to make sure I was doing it right.
I'm pretty good on the computer, but folks who are just learning would have
been totally confused.