[stylist] writing about blindness

Judith Bron jbron at optonline.net
Tue Nov 11 20:26:49 UTC 2008

In the early part of the twentieth century you didn't see textbooks that
taught about Black people.  The black population, at that time, was not
integrated into the white population.  White's were normal, and blacks were
looked at as, who knows?  The better we understand that which we cannot
comprehend, the more integrated society becomes.