[stylist] writing about blindness

Donna Hill penatwork at epix.net
Tue Nov 11 21:26:02 UTC 2008

Aziza,
I agree.  I write enough about blindness in my nonfiction work.  I do
have a major character in my fantasy novel who is blind, but I don't do
it much in my short stories.  Putting labels like denial on this sort of
thing is fruitless.  After all, one could just as easily say that
someone who is blind and writes about blindness is obsessed or
wallowing.  Just write what's in your heart to write.
Donna

--
For my bio & to hear clips from The Last Straw:
http://cdbaby.com/cd/donnahill

Apple I-Tunes

phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=259244374

Performing Arts Division of the National Federation of the Blind
www.padnfb.org