[stylist] rollerball cane tips

James Canaday M.A. N6YR n6yr at sunflower.com
Sun Nov 16 01:35:08 UTC 2008

that is very well written.
one would think you a professional in writing and mobility!
I did the "knowledge base for today's chapter meeting.  brought in my
rollerblah cane and my old fiberglass.  I made the point you did
about lighter is better for safety and control.
mother of blind child asked about carbon fiber solid (nonfolding)
canes.  what do you think of those?  I have no experience.
I also made the point that lighter made the cane more sensitive to
what  is at the tip to be detected.
was a five to seven minute presentation, much more than that then in
questions and discussion.

robert it made my mind wander too: when did canes first get used by
blind people?  is there a book on the history of the cane?  if not,
maybe we need to write one.

jc

Jim Canaday M.A.
Lawrence, KS