[stylist] advice on hearing blind characters.

Robert Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Fri Oct 24 09:14:07 UTC 2008

Helene

The small portion of your book in respects to dialogue of "hearing blind"
characters reads okay. Yes, a few wrong words, but the interaction flows
okay; you don't sound deaf, meaning I have deafblind and/or def friends and
some of them speak in broken English." And as my little mind will sometimes
spew out, though I as an American say this last part with tongue in cheek, I
could have phrased my response this way --- Your characters do not come
across like they are non-English speakers." And so I am not doubting your
ability to write in English, after all it was your people who invented the
language.

So write on. Oh, and you asked if what I read made me want to read on. And
so I'll say that what you shared with us didn't give me a real hint as to
where they were going and to do what? For all I know, they were going off to
an NFB meeting or to the pub. Yes, I got the sense they were a team who take
care of some bad guys, like a dragon.  (In the rehab profession, we have
in-house jargon about blindness and we say of a person with RP and their
acceptance of blindness, that RP stands for "Resistive Person . a

Robert Leslie Newman
Email- newmanrl at cox.net
THOUGHT PROVOKER Website-
Http://www.thoughtprovoker.info