[stylist] Training blind children

Judith Bron jbron at optonline.net
Fri Oct 24 12:27:34 UTC 2008

Lori is right.  Children are not born civilized.  That is what they need
parents for.  I would think table manners, not talking with your mouth full
of food, saying please and thank you, excuse me and listening to authority
like parents or teachers.  Hey!  It's just like teaching sighted kids!  Sure
there are differences.  All the thinings sighted people take for granted
like seeing that person in the hall, seeing the other guy sitting in the
chair and recognizing so and so when he comes into a room are things the
sighted take for granted.  But the basic laws of civilization and
interaction are the same.  A hard but rewarding job.  Judith