[stylist] some good news

James Canaday M.A. N6YR n6yr at sunflower.com
Thu Oct 30 22:33:16 UTC 2008

dear friends,
I learned yesterday that I am now appointed to the city of lawrence
public transit advisory commission.  I start a full term in january
but now hold the end of an unfilled position.

now, let's hope we have a transit system to improve!  the vote is
tuesday.  some of you read my guest editorial titled "take a stand"
that ran in our local newspaper september 18th.  the head editorial
page editor said that would be the only "take a stand" (guest
editorial) they would publish on the subject of the vote for sales
tax to support our transit.  if it fails, no more fixed-route system
after january 1, and likely no paratransit  either.

and, if you pray, please pray for my health, my autoimmune disorder
has worsened dramatically in ten days, I was in the hospital last
week with stomach symptoms.  I see rheumatologist monday to start
treatment.  it makes it hard to write.
thanks friends,
jc

Jim Canaday M.A.