[stylist] would it?

Judith Bron jbron at optonline.net
Thu Apr 2 14:04:56 UTC 2009

John, You got it wrong.  If blindness is the default of the person, they
function in a way that is comfortable, and productive for them, without
thinking about it.  This is why it is not my identity.  It is there.  Like
all my other accomplishments and obstacles I have over come.  I don't know
what social science books you are reading, but I suggest that you read some
that deal with identity and what goes into that for different people.  You
might learn that there is more to life than being blind.  Like anything else
in life, you choose your priorities.  My priorities don't include being
blind.  No, not denial.  Just reality and not wanting to stroke someone who
ignores his other talents and emphasizes that which he has chosen to define
himself.  JB