[stylist] Something interesting I found

John Lee Clark johnlee at clarktouch.com
Fri Apr 10 15:17:18 UTC 2009

My comments follow each one:

*	At the end of the day
I like this phrase just fine.  I think it is a useful phrase to encompass a
lot of time that passed at, say, the office.

*	Fairly unique
I don't like this because it is simply incorrect usage.  If something is
unique, it is.  It is not more, less, very, or fairly unique.

*	I personally
It is good to avoid adverbs as much as possible, so it'[s good to avoid this
phrase.  However, it can be useful if there's also another distinction in
play, such as professionally versus personally, and you want to state both
lines but make it clear that they're not the same.

*	At this moment in time
"At this moment" is enough.  It is good if you want to say "maybe, but not
right now."

*	With all due respect
This is a great phrase to use if you don't have any respect for the person
you use this to address!  It'[s the same as saying "Dear."

*	Absolutely
Adverb.  To be avoided if possible.

*	It's a nightmare
Then let us ride her through the night, this mare of the dark and wild!

*	Shouldn't of
Bad English.

It's not rocket science
I like this.  It's better than saying, "Duh."

stylist at nfbnet.org