[stylist] New THOUGHT PROVOKER #152- The Cursed

Donna Hill penatwork at epix.net
Mon Dec 21 15:41:38 UTC 2009

JC, Robert & Judith,
This is a marvelous example of how readers interpret things differently.
When I first read the TP, I was thinking that Robert was being
deliberately vague about the religion because to a certain extent the
prejudice exists universally. Christians also live in Egypt and I would
be surprised if there weren't some Jews there as well. Philadelphia, of
course, has imigrants of all religious stripes.

When I was a child in a Christian home, I had the impression that my
parents believed that God was punishing them by giving them two blind
children. The word "curse wasn't used, but isn't it the same thing? I
also think that many "enlightened" parents still have misgivings, stated
or not, about having their kids hook up with a blind mate. We're not
used to the idea of a patriarc having power to stop a marriage, but it's
not uncommon in many cultures.
Donna Hill

Read my articles on American Chronicle:
http://www.americanchronicle.com/authors/view/3885

Follow me on Twitter:
www.twitter.com/dewhill

Join Me on LinkedIn:
http://www.linkedin.com/in/dwh99

Or,  FaceBook:
http://www.facebook.com/donna.w.hill.

Hear clips from "The Last Straw" at:
http://cdbaby.com/cd/donnahill

Apple I-Tunes

phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=259244374

Performing Arts Division of the National Federation of the Blind
www.padnfb.org